There are many ways of cleaning the colostomy bag but this is the method I have found most efficient. Hope this helps.
WHAT YOU NEED:
(1) 6 – 10 pcs Sticks – I use barbeque sticks, just remove the pointed end and wrap with cotton
(2) cottons – about the size of a ready made cotton ball
(3) small basin – I use kidney basin
(4) NSS or water – you may use distilled or boiled water. That’s what I used at first but later found out it’s ok to use tap water for cost reduction
(5) Folded tissue paper – for wiping
WHAT TO DO:
Note: Before you begin cleaning the bag, make sure baby is comfortably lying down.
If there’s anything else I can help you with, just write in the comment portion and I’ll try my best to help you out. Suggestions from other colorectal parents are welcome